Access Westpac Banking Benefits
Westpac's long partnership with Retail NZ to support the growth of New Zealand's retail industry provides our members with a range of special deals including:
- an all-in-one, low cost business banking option
- negotiated Merchant Service Fees
- a range of personal banking benefits
Find out more about Westpac and their special deals for business and personal banking:
Merchant Service Fees for processing card transactions
Westpac offers negotiated pricing for processing card transactions, to Retail NZ members called Interchange Plus.
Interchange Plus means that you'll be charged two rates for each transaction:
- A variable rate for the interchange fee that is set by the card schemes; and
- A separate combined fixed rate for all other scheme, switch and acquirer (Westpac) fees - this is the rate negotiated for Retail NZ members.
|Card present||Interchange + 0.28%|
|Card not present||Interchange + 0.35%|
More than $15k per month via a linked gateway
|Interchange + 0.80%|
Less than $15k per month via a linked gateway
|Interchange + 1.10%|
*Requires a Westpac settlement account to receive the negotiated Merchant Service Fee, due to Anti-money laundering (AML) requirements.
More information on interchange fees can be found here.
Further information, including terms and conditions and eligibility criteria, can be found here.